On 07/18/2013 10:10 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
Hello,

This patch addresses ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3652.
Could you please rebase it on top of git master?
BTW, I was thinking on it and given that majority of rebases like this
one come due to spec changes, may be we could establishe a practice to
send spec-related changes as a separate patch in a patchset?

This would allow easily testing the actual code changes since you don't
really need spec changes at that point or could handle it clearer with
pre-installed build dependencies.

Or you could just set the union merge strategy on the spec file.
This is potentially dangerous so only do it if for pushing to master you apply patches in a separate "clean" repository without this setting.

Add the following line to .git/info/gitattributes:
freeipa.spec.in  merge=union

Docs & caveats: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gitattributes.html#_built_in_merge_drivers

--
PetrĀ³