On 08/23/2013 02:23 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 08/05/2013 05:43 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 08/02/2013 03:32 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

This patch makes sure that all edits to CS.cfg configuration file
are performed while pki-tomcatd service is stopped.

Introduces a new contextmanager stopped_service for handling
a general problem of performing a task that needs certain service
being stopped.

Tomas

1) I think it would make sense to ideally run the steps updating
CS.cfg close
together, stop PKI before this group and start it after it finishes.
Otherwise,
installer runs many service stops and starts which may be error prone,
especially given the fragile (and sometimes slow) java server handling.

2) I am thinking that stopped_service context manager could be as well
defined
in ipaserver/install/service.py, as a context manager of the class.
That way,
every installer class could use that like:

class CAInstance():
    def __some_step(self):
       with self.stopped_service(start_when_finished=True):
           # do something

I considered this approach, but this might introduce unnecessary errors if
we ever reorder the install steps in cainstance.py. I rather added two
explicit steps to stop and start the CA instance.

That way, context manager could just use self.name to avoid numerous
hardcoded
service names like:

         with stopped_service('pki_tomcatd',

instance_name=self.dogtag_constants.PKI_INSTANCE_NAME):

Yes, but there are functions outside CAInstance class that leverage this
context.

3) After I installed pki-ca, I saw no published CRL files:
# ls -la /var/lib/ipa/pki-ca/publish/

I am not sure what is the root cause, maybe some of the numerous
start/restarts
broke the publisher process.
I'm not seeing this with the updated version of the patch anymore.

Martin

Updated patch attached.

ACK for master & ipa-3-3. For ipa-3-2, the patch needs a rebase.

Pushed:
master: ab6a6e27d88b44b8c3f07290ae753558705363ee
ipa-3-3: 12cb45c767d097a39d082ebad0f846bdb94ed9ca

--
PetrĀ³