On 09/02/2013 09:42 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 05:21:36PM +0200, Petr Vobornik wrote:

Solution:
* Implemented a mini loader which loads basic resources. Dojo loader
takes action after Dojo is loaded.
* The loader adds a version parameter (?v=__NUM_VERSION__) to all requests.
* Version is defined in the loader. It's set to current in `make
version-update`.
* All static pages use this loader to fetch their resources.

Couldn't you make this a build time thing, marking the links with the
version with make?

Would it bring us any benefit at this moment?

Alternatively, you could mark them with the hash of
the target, in which case if the target did not change with upgrade,
the hash would stay the same and the browser would not need to reload
it.

Yes, it would optimize stuff even more. I'm not a fan of it though. Added benefit seems to be minimal.

I try to avoid doing modification of Web UI files at build time because I think the modifications make development less transparent (more changes on different places).
--
Petr Vobornik