On 09/03/2013 01:50 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
On 03.09.2013 23:30, Nathan Kinder wrote:
On 09/01/2013 01:35 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
On 01.09.2013 21:43, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/01/2013 02:20 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
On 31.08.2013 00:04, Dmitri Pal wrote:
Hello,

Sorry for cross posting to 4 different lists but it seems that this is
the best way to include most of people who might be interested in this
discussion.

The question of "When FreeIPA will be available on Debian?" has been
coming up periodically on the list(s) without any resolution.
However it
is clear that it would be beneficial for the community and the
project.
Hi,

As you know, I've been packaging stuff for the past two years with the
goal of eventually having FreeIPA server on Debian/Ubuntu. A lot has
been accomplished, but quite a bit is still missing too..

May be it is time to try again?
Let us see why it yet has not happened?

1) Some components need to be ported to Debian especially Dogtag and a
slew of its new RESTEasy dependencies. This requires time and quite an
effort from someone familiar with the domain.
Yes, this is the biggest blocker. Dogtag 9 is packaged in git and
working, but I'm not going to push that to the distro. It can be used
for testing the IPA server though, before we have Dogtag 10. Once the
prereqs are in place the Dogtag git should be easy to rebase with 10.x.

I did start packaging some of the dependencies, but hit a wall when
some
maven component needed a different release than another one.. AIUI this
is a known issue with maven based projects..
I would like to organize the effort to get Dogtag 10 ported to Debian.
I know that there are a lot of dependencies needed for this to happen.
I can create and maintain a wiki page to track all of the work that is
needed to get this porting done.  Do you have a list of Dogtag 10
dependencies that are not currently packaged for Debian that I can use
as a starting point?  Once we have a clear outline of what is needed, we
can start trying to divide up and schedule the work.
Alright, nice! This is the list I sent to debian-java a year ago,
roughly in dependency order:
Great, this will help me get started. It might be a bit out of date, as I know that we worked on reducing the number of dependencies within the last year. I'll start with this and cross-reference with the current dependencies.

codehaus-parent
keytool-maven-plugin
maven-help-plugin
maven-idea-plugin
maven-jarsigner-plugin
maven-jxr
maven-source-plugin
geronimo-parent-poms
geronimo-annotation
plexus-mail-sender
maven-release
plexus-resources
maven-checkstyle-plugin
maven-pmd-plugin
maven-anno-plugin
maven-reporting-api
maven-changes-plugin
maven-deploy-plugin
apache-james-project
javamail
base64coder
gdata-java
sonatype-oss-parent
forge-parent
mojo-parent
maven-plugin-build-helper
relaxngcc
xsom
glassfish-fastinfoset
jvnet-parent
glassfish-jaxb-api
glassfish-dtd-parser
stax-ex
istack-commons
rngom
glassfish-jaxb
maven-jaxb2-plugin
jboss-parent
jandex
jboss-specs-parent
jboss-annotations
jetty-parent
jetty-toolchain
jetty-version-maven-plugin
scannotation
snakeyml
resteasy

There might be errors, now that I know that the fedora package of
resteasy doesn't built everything to make the deps a bit easier?
Yes, resteasy was "trimmed" to make things easier.
  And at
least codehaus-parent, mojo-parent and jetty-parent are packaged and
pushed to git.debian.org but since I'm not a DD (yet) I can't upload them.

The debian java policy means that the actual package names are like
'libmojo-parent-java' etc., in case you try to find a package.

Do you have more details on the maven issue you were running up against?
if my notes are to be trusted, it was that keytool-maven-plugin wants
v16 of mojo-parent, and not v30 that is in git now..
Ok, I'll note it down and we can figure out the details when we try it again.

Thanks,
-NGK