On 09/12/2013 09:15 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/12/2013 07:28 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Qs:

a. Do we have some use cases for adding internal OTP? I wonder which
otp-add options are essential (ipatokenvendor, ipatokenmodel,
ipatokenserial, ipatokenotpkey, ipatokenotpalgorithm,
ipatokenotpdigits, ipatokentotpclockoffset, ipatokentotptimestep?) and
which are less important (ipatokennotbefore, ipatokennotafter ?).

Can you rephrase? The use cases were covered pretty much on the design page.

Use cases cover that user should be able to add token for himself, and admin for anybody. They don't say anything about what are the usual parameters which has to be configured for various kinds of tokens.

otp-add command has a lot of optional options. It would be nice to simplify UI adder dialog as much as possible.

For example LinOTP interface has a page for adding google auth token and a page for adding general totp token. The google auth token page is very simple. User can click only on 'create token' button and nothing else. The topt page is targeted for advanced users/admins so it's much more complex. One can enter whole buch of options.

So I wonder what are the use cases for common user in IPA. It will tell us if we can present the user only simple one-click UI, or if there should be possibilities to specify additional options.
--
Petr Vobornik