On 06/04/2013 05:48 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 17:24 +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/04/2013 02:53 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 13:48 +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hardcoding the in-tree location for ipa-getkeytab makes testing outside
the source tree impossible. This patch makes the tests use the installed
location.

In other places the test suite assumes IPA is installed system-wide,
even if running from the source tree.
I know I frequently forget to run `make` before testing, which makes the
ipa-getkeytab tests fail. So this patch would work well for me (and
probably other Python devs), but I guess others might be used to `make
test` checking what `make` built.

C developers, are you OK with e.g. adding `cp ipa-client/ipa-getkeytab
/usr/sbin/ipa-getkeytab` to your testing workflow?

Absolutely not.

   Or should this be made configurable (or auto-detected)?

You must not break a machine just to do make test.

I often do make test, then make rpms and install rpms, I *never*
directly install on my development machine or VMs, I always go through
RPM in order to keep the system clean, and tests repeatable.

I do the same except I never run make test on the development machine --
without IPA installed the tests don't work.

ipa-getkeytab specifically do not need root to be tested so I really do
not see that copying over a system path would ever be a good idea.

Simo.

With this version of the patch, the tests use ipa-getkeytab from $PATH,
and the in-tree directory is added to PATH in make-test. Out-of-tree
tests don't use make-test so they will use the system PATH.
Is that OK?

Sounds good to me.

Simo.

Ping, could someone look at this patch?
It should fix 7 of the 11 failures that happen when running the test suite out of tree.

--
PetrĀ³