On 09/26/2013 02:02 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 10:28 AM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

Provides two new options for the ipa-client-install:
     --nisdomain: specifies the NIS domain name
     --no_nisdomain: flag to aviod setting the NIS domain name

In case no --nisdomain is specified and --no_nisdomain flag was
not set, the IPA domain is used.

Manual pages updated.

http://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3202

Design page:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3_Minor_Enhancements

Are you sure that authconfig is the right place to configure nisdomain?

# authconfig --nisdomain example.com --update
Stopping sssd:                                             [  OK  ]
# service sssd status
sssd is stopped
# nisdomainname
(none)

We also need to verify that netgroups and SUDO support in SSSD will work with
the new --nisdomain option.

Martin
We figured out with Martin that this is specific behaviour on the RHEL 6.4,
on F19 I did not see sssd service being stopped.

For nisdomainname command to read the configuration though, according to this
Red Hat Access article you need to start ypbind service.

https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/2278

This way I got it working on the F19.

--
Tomas Babej
Associate Software Engeneer | Red Hat | Identity Management