On 09/26/2013 02:58 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:45 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.9.2013 14:38, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:28 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 09/26/2013 12:20 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
I just found --no-nisdomain more descriptive and explicit. If there is a
consensus, I can remove it.

I am not aware of any precedent that would warrant --nisdomain="".

We sort of have precedent in `ipa` in multivalued options, leaving those empty deletes the values.

I have seen concerns about the number of ipa-client-install options in the past
(not by me).

IMHO, we are currently OK on this front. Having options categorized in
sections, as we already do, helps.

IMO --no-nisdomain is more consistent with rest of the options.

ipa-client-install, so what consistency are you talking about?

I was referring to --no-ssh, --no-ntp and similar. But it is true that these
rather disable entire features than delete a value. I do not punt on this,
--nidomain="" may be OK as well.

IMO empty option values are awkward; --no-nisdomain is more user-friendly, and can be explained more clearly, even though it needs an additional option.

--
PetrĀ³