On 10/29/2013 03:20 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:

>>> We planned to do exactly this.
>>>
>>> The problem here is, that in order to the script be able to upload the
>>> data, I
>>> would need to add it's public key to our FreeIPA.org app and I cannot limit
>>> it
>>> just to the user guide directory, but it would then have access to the
>>> entire
>>> wiki gear, write access to git and everything... So question is, if we want
>>> add such access to a public VM in Jenkins or we want to keep it secure in...
>>> hm... my notebook.
>>
>> Maybe we can go the other way around and have a cron job in the
>> freeipa.org VM that pulls from a public git tree where the publican
>> changes are pushed.
>
> We may not be able to run cron jobs within the gear, but I agree, this is a
> preferrable solution to me too.
>
> rob

Interesting idea, OpenShift already has means to schedule periodical tasks:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/OpenShift/2.0/html/User_Guide/sect-OpenShift-User_Guide-Scheduling_Timed_Jobs_with_Cron.html

However, I do not think we can build the doc on the gear itself as publican is
not available on the gear. We would need to copy the doc built in our Jenkins
instance and update the documentation on the gear. This would be a better and
more maintainable solution than a custom script on my notebook, yes.