On 8.10.2013 16:35, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 09:19 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:

+class Base32DecodeError(ExecutionError):

Is this really necessary? Are we going to add <encoding>DecodeError for
every kind of new encoding in IPA? Can't we just have generic
DecodeError? (This is not an issue in your patch per se, I'm just
wondering if we can do it better in the framework.)

I added the new error due to the existence of a Base64DecodeError. I
figured changing the existing error to be more generic would break api.

Nathaniel

I think you can use ConversionError instead. I don't see any reason why base32/64 decoding errors should be special cased like this and would like to see Base64DecodeError gone.

Honza