On 09/26/2013 03:16 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:58 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:45 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.9.2013 14:38, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:28 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 09/26/2013 12:20 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
I just found --no-nisdomain more descriptive and explicit. If there is a
consensus, I can remove it.

I am not aware of any precedent that would warrant --nisdomain="".

We sort of have precedent in `ipa` in multivalued options, leaving those empty deletes the values.

I have seen concerns about the number of ipa-client-install options in the past
(not by me).

IMHO, we are currently OK on this front. Having options categorized in
sections, as we already do, helps.

IMO --no-nisdomain is more consistent with rest of the options.

ipa-client-install, so what consistency are you talking about?

I was referring to --no-ssh, --no-ntp and similar. But it is true that these rather disable entire features than delete a value. I do not punt on this,
--nidomain="" may be OK as well.

IMO empty option values are awkward; --no-nisdomain is more user-friendly, and can be explained more clearly, even though it needs an additional option.

OK, we let this rot on the list for a while.

I retest the patch and it still applies and works with the current master.

I think we should keep both options, no-nisdomain is more descriptive and an explicit option is more necessary here since we are setting nisdomain by default. Hence I would avoid having to use --nisdomain="" to disable setting the nisdomain, since it is rather implicit (even if we commented on it in the option description).

Option-nitpicking aside, I think this patch is ready for a proper functional review.

--
Tomas Babej
Associate Software Engeneer | Red Hat | Identity Management