Tomas Babej wrote:
On 11/15/2013 02:46 PM, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
On 11/13/2013 02:57 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 09/27/2013 10:14 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/26/2013 04:46 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.9.2013 12:59, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 09/26/2013 12:54 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 24.9.2013 18:14, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 01:30:10PM +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
We discussed this with Tomáš off-line and it turns out that
ipa-client-install fails if the CA cert is not added to
/etc/pki/nssdb.

However, according to p11-kit docs it should work:
<http://p11-glue.freedesktop.org/doc/p11-kit/trust-nss.html>. I
wonder what needs to be done to make it work in IPA...

On my system, there's no symlink to libnssckbi.so (or the right
location
in the link farm under /etc/alternatives) in /etc/pki/nssdb, so
that
database isn't going to automatically pull in the list of
trusted CAs
that p11-kit maintains.

Whether the database under /etc/pki/nssdb should automatically
include
the usual set of trust anchors is probably a different
conversation.

Thanks for the info.

Tomáš, the patch is fine then. I have one more nitpick though:
why did
you change "the default NSS database" to "the NSS database"? The
database in /etc/pki/nssdb *is* the default NSS database, so please
change it back. Also I think "systemwide CA trust database" is
better
than "systemwide CA store".

Honza

I fixed the descriptions. Updated patch attached.

Tomas

Thanks.

There's one more thing: we should probably check if
/usr/bin/update-ca-trust
exists before using it, for the sake of cross-distro compatibility.

Right. I am also thinking if this functionality should not be
somehow integrated into the platform files so that it can be
overriden in platforms that do not have the systemwide storage.

Martin

Updated patch attached, requires my patch 130.

The patch works fine; a couple of nitpicks:

1) The import of root_logger in services.py.in is unused.

2) In ipa-client-install, you log the return values of functions
insert_ca_cert_into_systemwide_ca_store() and
remove_ca_cert_from_systemwide_ca_store(). But these functions do not
return any values, so you will always be logging `None`.

Thanks for the review,

I removed the code (it was meant for debugging purposes only).

Updated patch attached.

Adding the CA to the NSS cert database is considered a fatal error. Should adding it to the global trust database be fatal as well?

I don't know the answer, but if we want to do this at some point should these functions return True/False to denote success/failure?