On 11/25/2013 03:27 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 8.11.2013 17:56, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Patch 198:

Also update ipaldap's find_entries docstring, it no longer uses IPA
defaults.

Done.

While you're touching this part of code, I had some other improvements
in mind -- you can consider them:

In find_entries,
     attrs_list = [a.lower() for a in attrs_list]
to make sure 'memberindirect' is case insensitive

Done.

In get_memberof, construct `indirect` as a set, for Ο(1) remove().
^ ignore that, it's nuked in 201 \o/

Changing MEMBERS_ALL et.al. from numbers to descriptive strings, for
easier debugging.
^ these can be removed entirely in 201

Removed.

Patch 199: Looks great

Patch 200:

objtype, res_list, red_id, res_ctrls = result
Minor typo ----------^

Fixed.

This construction won't work as you'd expect in Python 2:

try:
     (possibly raise interesting exception) (*)
except:
     try:
         (possibly raise exception to ignore) (**)
     except:
         pass
     raise  # (***)

The problem is that the exception in (**) overwrites the "current active
exception" raised in (*). In (***) the exception from the cleanup
will be
re-raised.
The solution is to store the wanted exception info, including the
traceback:
     exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback = sys.exc_info()
and then re-raise explicitly:
     raise exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback

Turns out LDAPError does not fly well with sys.exc_info() (all exception
data is lost, probably a python-ldap bug), so I used "except LDAPError,
e: ... raise e" instead.

Also, please log the ignored exception from cancelling the paged search.

Done.

Patch 201:
Great patch!
A nitpick, I'd rename _process_member{,of} to
_process_member{,of}indirect

Renamed.

Patch 202: Looks good
While we're on the subject: Each Plugin has an "api" attribute. It would
be nice if we started preferring `self.api` instead of the global
singleton wherever possible, even though they're currently always the
same.

+1, fixed.
Not fixed, but it's okay for now.

Updated patches attached.

Honza

Thanks! ACK, pushed to master: 4050e553c30d8c8d93c7045f871f8c1cef65aa71

--
Petr³