On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 14:34 +0000, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > > Yes. But I'm torn as to whether or not this is a good idea. Regular
> > > users can't see radius proxy servers at all. Admins can see all
> > > attributes.
> > >
> > > It is common in radius server deployments to have a text file readable
> > > by root with the radius secret. The current LDAP policy replicates this
> > > "expected" behavior. It may be wise to block all reads of the secret
> > > though. I'm open to suggestions.
> > >
> > If it is readable by admin only I would leave it as is for now and
> > address later when we redo ACIs.
>
> Is this specific to the one and only admin account or does it extend to
> any user in the admins group ?

All admins. See ipatokenRadiusConfiguration in
install/share/default-aci.ldif. Read access is denied to everyone except
admins. The entire class is hidden from normal users. See below.

> Looking at the current master it seem *any* user except anonymous can
> read secrets ? Or is there a patch I am missing ?
> I think this is too broad.

[root@freeipa ~]# kinit admin
Password for ad...@example.com:
[root@freeipa ~]# ipa radiusproxy-find
-----------------------------
1 RADIUS proxy server matched
-----------------------------
  RADIUS proxy server name: foo
  Server: foo
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1

[root@freeipa ~]# kinit test
Password for t...@example.com:
kinit: Password incorrect while getting initial credentials
[root@freeipa ~]# kinit test
Password for t...@example.com:
[root@freeipa ~]# ipa radiusproxy-find
0 RADIUS proxy servers matched