On Fri, 06 Dec 2013, Jan Cholasta wrote:
However, even if writing to the pipe failed, we still need to wait
until
thread dies with pthread_join(). I think returning -1 here is
premature.

Fixed, updated patches attached.

Also removed CFLAGS duplication, see patch 212.

Thanks you! The build works fine, ACK for 206-208, 212.

Alexander, is the C part OK? It seems a do-while loop would make sense
here.
I think do-while would be cleaner, purely from intent expression point
of view.

I actually like it the way it is, because it follows the

   ret = func()
   if (ret == -1) {
   }

pattern, which is used abundantly in our code.

... but I don't have a strong opinion about this, so whatever floats your boat.
Thanks. It is just that in this case - write(ctx->stopfd[1], "", 1);
+    do {
+        ret = write(ctx->stopfd[1], "", 1);
+    } while (ret == -1 && errno == EINTR);
makes more clear that we loop here only for EINTR.

ACK from my side

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy