On Thu, 09 Jan 2014, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/08/2014 06:46 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/08/2014 04:49 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
This adds "managed" permissions, the framework that will make our
default permissions merge IPA updates and user changes sanely.

There is no updater yet, nor does this add any actual managed
permissions, so there's no user-visible change (beyond help text and a
disabled option). To test the patch you might need to touch LDAP directly.

Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4033
Design (no updater & plugin changes yet):
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Managed_Read_permissions

0447 - Minor fixes.
0448 - Since you can't create managed permissions through the API, I
needed to get creative with the declarative tests. The tests will need a
custom function that adds a managed perm.
0449 - The change itself.

One thing I meant to write in this mail but forgot: I added a comment to the
end of VERSION.
There was a patch/thread about this, but it hasn't really reached a conclusion:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2013-December/msg00084.html
If anyone is still opposed to the comment speak up and I can remove it.

+1 for using the comment from me, if some server side setting is not an option.
The format you used

-IPA_API_VERSION_MINOR=72
+IPA_API_VERSION_MINOR=73
+# Last change: pviktori - Managed permissions

is quite lightweight and not a burden to write.
I agree, it is simple and clear.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy