On 01/24/2014 04:57 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 16:48 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:

All right. Here are patches; I'll start updating the design page.

**NOTE**
This renames the 'ipaPermAllowedAttr' attribute to
'ipaPermIncludedAttr'. Upgrades from master will fail, so please install
a new server. Of course no released versions of FreeIPA are affected.
I assume there's no clean way to rename an attribute without changing
the OID?

You do not need to change the OID in this case, these attributes have
not been released in any production version so I think it is ok to just
rename.

Is it OK to break master this way?

I would prefer you didn't, what breaks master exactly ? The schema
update ?

Yes. The schema update fails when it tries to add a differently named attribute with the same OID.

Technically we could alias the name so the attribute can be called
either way, but that is not necessarily a good option either.

If breaking master is unacceptable, we can use the old name instead. ipaPermIncludedAttr is more consistent but ipaPermAllowedAttr isn't downright wrong.

--
PetrĀ³