Hi all,
I am PMC chair at Apache Syncope [1], an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in JEE technology and released under Apache 2.0 license.

Apache Syncope can be classified as provisioning engine, and its duty can be summarized as keeping synchronized account data across different identity datastores (RDBMS, LDAP, Active Directory, ....).

For the actual communication with such external identity datastores, Apache Syncope relies upon ConnId [2], an Open Source fork of Sun Microsystem's Identity Connectors framework [3], left dead after Sun's acquisition by Oracle.
I am also project owner at ConnId.

My company Tirasa is about to start the development of a FreeIPA ConnId connector [4] that would allow the integration of FreeIPA into Apache Syncope-based IdM architectures.

We are currently installing and testing FreeIPA in order to understand what is the better way to implement the communication with Syncope: do you have any suggestion about where to start from?
Thanks.

Best regards.

[1] http://syncope.apache.org/
[2] http://tirasa.github.io/ConnId/
[3] http://java.net/projects/identityconnectors/
[4] https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnIdFreeIPABundle

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PPMC
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/