On 02/20/2014 08:15 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/20/2014 02:02 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 20.2.2014 13:31, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 01:14:50PM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
We had a discussion with other developers how better track who is reviewing
which patch. Recently, we introduced the Reviewed-By tag in a commit message,
but that is a post-review tag which is not useful for someone who wants to know
which patches are already reviewed and which are not reviewed.

We were testing Patch Work [1] in last months to contain this information, but
I personally think that it is suboptimal - it introduces 2 tracking tools that
needs to be maintained (Trac and Patch Work) and the Patch Work still requires
lot of manual actions when maintaining it's state.

I think it would be better to hold this information rather in a single tracking
tool - Trac. There are 2 options:

1) "Patch on review" flag, similar to "Patch posted for review" flag which
would hold 1 bit information if the patch is just lying there or has somebody
assigned.

2) "Reviewed by" text field which would hold a login of a person who is
reviewing it. It would be filled either by a person starting the review or by a
supervisor like me to forcefully assign a reviewer ;-)
+1

is it possible to instruct trac to send an email to the reviewer to let
him know the he's the chosen one? I guess this would help to even better
integrate with the workflow of many developers?
It is definitely good idea!
+1
As always - this is a good idea. However, the execution is an integral part of
a successful idea :) And in this case I am not sure how to do it in Trac. I
tried looking for different notification or workflow plugin but did not find
something applicable to our Trac - ideas welcome.

A workaround for me is to fill both reviewer + CC when assigning a reviewer or
also by adding a "My Active Patch Reviews by Milestone" view.

I am currently subscribed to all changes happening in trac. IMO what can be done is:
a) You can subscribe to the notifications to or I can help with that
b) Setup your mail filter to detect that the value of the field changed and has your name in it

Then you will end up with the folder that has notifications that are relevant to only you being a reviewer.

It is not going to be 100% clean but would work for 99% of the cases.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.