On 02/25/2014 08:56 AM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Given the fact that the patch has been ACKed, can we push the current
iteration?

On 02/20/2014 01:07 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/20/2014 12:58 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:20:12PM +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/19/2014 04:54 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

However: since this is about restoring a backup, can't the backup
contain the extended attributes, so that the SELinux context gets
restored to the original state (which could be different from what
the restorecon will give you)?

Well, I guess you're the Beaker authority here. Is that necessary

This is not about Beaker, is it?

It is; all other use cases I know of use disposable or at least
single-purpose VMs.

But since you mention it, beakerlib does cp -a upon backup and restore

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/beakerlib.git/tree/src/infrastructure.sh#n484

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/beakerlib.git/tree/src/infrastructure.sh#n593

for files to preserve the SELinux context, plus chcon --reference
upon backup for directories:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/beakerlib.git/tree/src/infrastructure.sh#n495

when restoring?
The tests expect a "sane" state, and they return to that; using a
somehow customized machine to test on is a bad idea anyway.

You might specifically want to run your test on non-sane state because
you want to test that the non-sane state will for example produce
correct error, SELinux-related or other.

In that case you're on your own, you should wrap the test in custom
setup & teardown code.

There's no way we can perfectly restore a system after IPA has been
installed on it, much less if it was an unstable/testing version of
IPA, so returning to a sane state seems good for me.

Pushed to:
master: bc0872cc0b33379a2a4109c9b353ac81d10cec83
ipa-3-3: edba30d2c6c9b01cf023abb6c5bcc378a3d56272

--
PetrĀ³