Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
So the recent discussion on importing tokens led me to write a script to
parse RFC 6030 xml files into IPA token data. This all works well. But
now I need to integrate it into the IPA framework.

This command will parse one or more xml files, creating a set of tokens
to be added. Given that we already have otptoken-add on the server-side,
it seems to me that all work needs to be done on the client-side. How do
I create a new client-side command that calls existing server-side API?
subclass from frontend.Local, override run() or forward() method and
perform batch
operation of otptoken_add from there.

See cli.help, for example.

If you do an override, do forward() for cli-specific work.

But you should do as little as possible for reasons you already stated: the UI. Anything you do in forward Petr will need to implement in the UI.

Unfortunately we don't yet have a nice way to handle files. We have tickets open at https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1225 and https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2933

If this file is something that would be pasted into a big text field then you can probably handle it in a similarly clumsy way that we do CSRs in the cert plugin.