> Hi,
>
> Trusted domain SID could be obtained through different means. When it is
> fetched from the AD DC via LDAP, it needs to be extracted from a default
> context and explicitly converted to unicode.

This only works for ADs without subdomains. When there are subdomains, AD does
not allow us to retrieve them and command fails right after creating the truyst
trust object:

# echo Secret123 | ipa trust-add tbad.example.com --trust-secretipa: ERROR: AD
domain controller complains about communication sequence. It may mean
unsynchronized time on both sides, for example

# ipa trust-fetch-domains tbad.example.com

When I refreshed FreeIPA domains on AD said, it started working again:

# ipa trust-fetch-domains tbad.example.com
List of trust domains successfully refreshed
  Realm name: child.tbad.example.com
  Domain NetBIOS name: CHILD
  Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-972585150-1048339146-1910910075