On 03/13/2014 07:17 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 09:50 +0100, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello list,

my journey to the IETF land revealed following RFC drafts:

System for Cross-Domain Identity Management
2. SCIM User Scenarios
2.1. Background & Context
     The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
     is designed to make managing user identity in cloud based
     applications and services easier.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-use-cases-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-api-03

I haven't read this in detail but soiunds like a useful reference should
we want to build a basic REST API for user/group management, but with
these things the devil is generally in the details.

I saw several SCIM presentations on the last
LDAPConn. LDAP+REST pretty much resonated through the entire conference.

There are few related presentations there too:
http://lanyrd.com/2013/ldapcon/