On 03/20/2014 07:20 PM, Misnyovszki Adam wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:02:06 +0100
Petr Viktorin <pvikt...@redhat.com> wrote:

Hello,
This renames --permissions to --right. The old name is kept as a
deprecated alias.
FreeIPA didn't have a mechanism for doing this, so I added one.
Also, while I was digging around in this part, I made the new IntEnum
(and all future Enums) act like StrEnum in --help output.

499 ACK
500 ACK
501 ACK
  - although should it allow mixing deprecated and current aliases(eg
    --permission=read --right=write)?

You're right, this is a strange edge case, but detecting this would need need a much more complicated approach than sharing the option's `dest`. I don't think it's worth it.

  - works fine with cli / webui also
  - help displays nicely
502
  - tested with more than one deprecated alias - API.txt validation
    doesn't match, although it has the same output:
Got StrEnum('ipapermright', attribute=True, cli_name='right',
deprecated_cli_aliases=set(['testalias', 'permissions']),
multivalue=True, required=False, values=(u'read', u'search',
u'compare', u'write', u'add', u'delete', u'all'))
Expected StrEnum('ipapermright', attribute=True, cli_name='right',
deprecated_cli_aliases=set(['testalias','permissions']),
multivalue=True, required=False, values=(u'read', u'search',
u'compare', u'write', u'add', u'delete', u'all'))

API.txt:
option: StrEnum('ipapermright', attribute=True,
cli_name='right',
deprecated_cli_aliases=set(['testalias','permissions']),
multivalue=True, required=False, values=(u'read', u'search',
u'compare', u'write', u'add', u'delete', u'all'))
ipalib/plugins/permission.py:
         StrEnum(
             'ipapermright*',
             cli_name='right',
             deprecated_cli_aliases={'permissions','testalias'},
             label=_('Granted
rights'),
             doc=_('Rights to grant
'
                   '(read, search, compare, write, add, delete,
all)'),
             values=(u'read', u'search',
u'compare',
                     u'write', u'add', u'delete',
u'all'),
         ),
don't know if it is a problem anyways
  - other tests(cli, webui) works fine for me
  - unit tests related to this ran as expected
so besides the multiple deprecated_cli_aliases issue, it's an ACK

It looks like you've edited API.txt by hand and forgot a space after the comma in ['testalias','permissions']. Does it work if you use makeapi to regenerate API.txt?

--
PetrĀ³