On 16.4.2014 10:20, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 04/16/2014 10:02 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
I was looking into ticket
and experimenting with ACIs allowing privileged users to manage only
their own LDAP objects.

As already proposed in the Bugzilla, I had success with following ACIs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# ldapmodify -h `hostname` -D "cn=Directory Manager" -x -w Secret123
dn: cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test
add: aci
aci: (targetattr = "userclass")(targetfilter =
"(objectclass=ipahost)")(version 3.0;acl "permission:Modify own
hosts";allow (write) userattr = "creatorsName#USERDN";)

modifying entry "cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test"

# ldapmodify -h `hostname` -D "cn=Directory Manager" -x -w Secret123
dn: cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test
add: aci
aci: (targetfilter = "(objectclass=ipahost)")(version 3.0;acl
"permission:Modify own hosts";allow (delete) userattr =
"creatorsName#USERDN";)

modifying entry "cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I then added a user fbar with permission "Add hosts", I was able to
do exactly what proposed in the ticket:

$ ipa host-add test.example.com --force
-----------------------------
Added host "test.example.com"
-----------------------------
   Host name: test.example.com
   Principal name: host/test.example....@mkosek-fedora20.test
   Password: False
   Keytab: False
   Managed by: test.example.com

$ ipa host-mod test.example.com --class foo
--------------------------------
Modified host "test.example.com"
--------------------------------
   Host name: test.example.com
   Principal name: host/test.example....@mkosek-fedora20.test
   Class: foo
   Password: False
   Keytab: False
   Managed by: test.example.com

$ ipa host-mod admin.example.com --class foo
ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access: Insufficient 'write' privilege to the
'userClass' attribute of entry
'fqdn=admin.example.com,cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test'.

$ ipa host-del admin.example.com
ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access: Insufficient 'delete' privilege to
delete the entry
'fqdn=admin.example.com,cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test'.

$ ipa host-del test.example.com
-------------------------------
Deleted host "test.example.com"
-------------------------------

I think this could be pretty powerful also with other LDAP objects.
Question is what can be done to allow that to our users.

I do not think we should add these ACIs by default as not everybody
would like them. But if we enhance our permission API to allow the
userattr bind rule, admins could add these ACIs at their wish.

IMO the API is not that difficult, something like this could work:

$ ipa permission-add test --bindtype=userattr --bind-attr=creatorsname
--bind-attr-type=USERDN

--bind-attr could be more or less free form text to allow "creatorsname"
or "parent[0].creatorsname"
--bind-attr-type would be enum of values USERDN/GROUPDN

This should cover most of the basic use cases.

Thoughts?

Makes sense. I'd do it around the time we move self-service to permissions.

Simo, can you reserve two more OIDs for the attributes?

I don't think we need creatorsName, we already have managedBy. Or am I missing something?

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta