On 05/28/2014 09:06 AM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
Hi all,

Today I hit the "WARNING: Your system is running out of entropy, you
may experience long delays" message while testing Ade's
ipa-server-install changes.

I got a lot more entropy a lot faster by installing haveged(8), and
I blogged about it here:
http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/05/more-entropy-with-haveged/

Do you think it would be worthwhile to update the above warning
message to additionally suggest installing haveged(8) or pointing to
other help on remediating a low-entropy system?

Cheers,

Fraser

Hello,
haveged is not the only solution. As you note there's also rngd; and with modern virtualization systems VMs can get entropy from the host. If we suggest a concrete solution we should be reasonably sure it's the best one. AFAK, for RHEL/CentOS haveged is only in EPEL, we probably don't want to suggest it there.

--
PetrĀ³

P.S. I use this hack for my testing VMs:
   https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/pviktori/breakmycryptod/