On 05/22/2014 10:33 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:
Hello,

    In order to provision staged users (account inactivated) with
    there initial values:

        /usr/bin/ipa user-add tb20 --to-stage --first=tb20 --last=tb20
        -----------------
        Added user "tb20"
        -----------------
          User login: tb20
          First name: tb20
          Last name: tb20
          Full name: tb20 tb20
          Display name: tb20 tb20
          Initials: tt
          Home directory: /home/tb20
          GECOS: tb20 tb20
          Login shell: /bin/sh
          Kerberos principal: t...@idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
          Email address: t...@idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
          UID: -1
          GID: -1
          Account disabled: true
          Password: False
          Kerberos keys available: False

        ldapsearch -LLL -h localhost -p 389 -D "cn=directory manager"
        -w Secret123 -b "dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com" uid=tb20
        dn: uid=tb20,cn=staged
        users,cn=accounts,cn=provisioning,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,
         dc=redhat,dc=com
        displayName: tb20 tb20
        cn: tb20 tb20
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: person
        objectClass: organizationalperson
        objectClass: inetorgperson
        objectClass: inetuser
        objectClass: posixaccount
        objectClass: krbprincipalaux
        objectClass: krbticketpolicyaux
        objectClass: ipaobject
        objectClass: ipasshuser
        objectClass: ipaSshGroupOfPubKeys
        loginShell: /bin/sh
        uidNumber: -1
        ipaUniqueID: autogenerate
        gidNumber: -1
        gecos: tb20 tb20
        sn: tb20
        homeDirectory: /home/tb20
        uid: tb20
        mail: t...@idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
        krbPrincipalName: t...@idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
        givenName: tb20
        initials: tt

    I needed to resctrict the scope of the following plugins:

        dn: cn=ipaUniqueID uniqueness,cn=plugins,cn=config
        nsslapd-pluginarg1:
        cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=IPA Unique IDs,cn=IPA UUID,cn=plugins,cn=confi
        ipauuidscope: cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
        Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
        dnaScope: cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=MemberOf Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
        memberofentryscope:
        cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

    In fact I need them to not modify the added entry when it is added
    under "cn=staged users,cn=accounts,cn=provisioning,$SUFFIX".
    Now is it possible to limit those plugins scope to the
    'cn=accounts' part of the tree ? I guess not.
    If it is not possible, a solution is to make the scope
    multi-valued attributes or to introduce a new config attribute
    '*notInScope' also multi-valued.
    A problem is the 'cn=ipaUniqueID uniqueness' that rely on the
    'attribute uniqueness' plugin with a argv[ ], not really
    convenient to pass 2 multivalued attributes.

    If anyone is having others solutions it would help me a lot :-)

    thanks
    thierry

The easiest solution IMO is to not treat staging area as an account area, i.e instead of cn=staging, cn=accounts, dc=... I suggest saving users in cn=users, cn=staging, dc=... This way if in future we will have some staging for other objects (for whatever reason) we will create containers under common "staging" area.
I would also argue that "deleted" should not be under accounts.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.