the purpose if this mail is to start a discussion about reorganization
of navigation items. Users are not fond of such change so we should come
up with a solution which would last for some time.
UX recommendation is that one menu level should contain maximum of 7
items. We have 10 items in Identity, 7 in Policy and 7 in IPA Server.
Basically we reached max. capacity of all 1st-level items.
Introduce new 1st-level items and redistribute 2nd-level items.
Policy (5) some better name?
- SELinux User Maps
- Radius Server Proxy
- OTP Tokens
- Password Policy
- Kerberos Ticket Policy
Infrastructure (6) some better name?
- Realm Domains
- ID Ranges
- Role Based Access Control
- Self Service Permissions
* draft focuses only on first two levels of navigation
* 'Permission' and 'Configuration' could be merged into old 'IPA Server'
* 'Views' are related to Identity and Trust, they have no meaning
without some kind of trust -> are next to 'Trusts'
* it's weird to have 'Policy' item and items with "policy" in name to
have in 'Authentication'
Comments are welcome
Freeipa-devel mailing list