On 06/03/2014 02:53 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 14:15 +0200, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
Hi Simo,

just for clarification. The plan is to move the repl config into the
shared tree for the main database and eventually for others like
o=ipaca. Should the topology info live in cn=etc for all databases or
each in the database it configures ?
If the main database is always replicated I think all topology info
should be concentrated in cn=etc.
This is actually a good question, I think we want to keep it in the main
database, but to be forward looking, we should set the basedn of the
configuration (per topology) in the topology plugin configuration entry,
this way if it turns out we should move it in their own dbs we can just
do it.
yes, this can be handle in the topology plugin configuration, we need to define which databases should be controlled and where the root for the replicated topology information is.
I assume we want only one plugin instance.

The other issue is the list of masters though. I do not want to move
them in the topology tree (breaks compatibility) nor duplicate those
entries if possible, but we may need to do it or also configure where
the "nodes" are stored.
Agreed. What about non-masters, in the ticket there was also discussion about read only replicas - to be delayed ?