On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 16:46 +0200, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
> On 06/05/2014 03:14 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> >> Agree.

> >> Nope, leave re-initialization to the plumbing. The topology plugin deals
> >> only with topology, it should not be involved with re-initializations,
> >> save for not going crazy and trying to remove agreements "during" a
> >> re-initialization.

> >> Yep.

> >> This is my preferred, although leaves the problem open for migration, we
> >> need a way to properly prime the topology so that it doesn't wipe out
> >> current agreements before they are imported.

> >> I would like some more details about what you have in mind here,
> >> depending on the fine points I might agree this is desirable to solve
> >> the migration problem.
> > I will write it down for a few different scenarios.
> looks like this could get ugly, if the topology info initialization
> would happen on several masters at the same time, they would create the
> same entries (at least the config root container) and we could get
> replication conflicts :-(

This is exactly why I said I do not want the plugin to create the
topology tree itself :-)

It should only import agreements that are not yet there. There is still
potential conflict, the topology plugin will have to handle them, by
intercepting replication writes to the topology tree and smartly
merging/fencing IMO.

> we need to be careful on the process, I have an idea how it could work,
> but need to think a bit more about it

I am all ears.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York