On 06/26/2014 10:33 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.6.2014 09:40, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/26/2014 09:33 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.6.2014 09:21, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/26/2014 08:30 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 25.6.2014 18:25, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/25/2014 05:29 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 25.6.2014 17:17, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

Our datetime conversion does not support full LDAP Generalized
time syntax. In the unsupported cases, we should fall back
to string representation of the attribute.

In particular, '0' is used to denote no value of LDAP generalized
time attribute.

NACK, this beats the purpose of decoding of the values, because it
requires you to check the type of the value before using it.

Instead, you should either fix the code that uses the
nsds5ReplicaLastUpdate{Start,End} attributes to access their raw
value
directly, or exclude the attributes from decoding to datetime by
overriding their type in IPASimpleLDAPObject._SYNTAX_OVERRIDE.

Honza

[...]

The problem is that "unset" is a valid value here,

It is not, according to Generalized Time syntax (RFC 4517 section
3.3.13) "0" is an invalid value and we should treat it the same way as
any other invalid value (hence my original suggestion).

OK, in that case ignore what I said here.

So am I correct that 389-ds storing a value that doesn't comply with the attribute's syntax? Should we file a DS bug?

--
PetrĀ³