On 07/18/2014 03:50 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 07/17/2014 10:31 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Saw something very weird today but my setup was also a bit odd so it may
not be worthy of a ticket. Need a second opinion.

Ok, so I wanted to test Jan's CA patches. They don't apply to current
master due to the churn pre-4.0, so I just rewound the world to July 3
and applied them on the master branch. I don't believe the issues I'm
seeing are related to his patches in any way.

My environment is two masters, F-20, reasonably updated.
What DS version are you using?

Ok, so I started with them with 3.3.5 installs as I wanted to test
upgrades. As a goof I ran the ipatests on one of them to simulate a
bunch of work. There were some failures but I didn't pay close attention
because testing in a replicated environment is a bit of an unknown
(there are some timing issues IIRC). Anyway, so then I updated one of
the masters to this pre-4.0 CA-patches build.

Then I re-ran the tests. These I took more notice of as about half of
them failed.

Most of them related to adding users and this is due to the user
objectclasses test we have. It can't revert a change:

On the 4.0-ish master:

# ipa config-mod --delattr ipauserobjectclasses=ipahost
ipa: ERROR: change collided with another change
There was a DS bug that affected multi-valued attributes, that caused
MidairCollisions like this. So this would be my first guess:
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/47806
I'm running 389-ds-base-1.3.2.16-1

Yeah, I see your point. I guess I'll wait for a fix.
that should be fixed in 1.3.2.19