On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 07/23/2014 09:56 AM, David Kupka wrote:
While solving ticket #4280 I noticed that we are messing with certmonger's
files right under its hands. That can lead to some unpleasant race condition
issues.
Is there any reason why not to call certmonger via DBus and ask it to stop
tracking the requests?

+1 for using the dbus API. When I saw the hacky way of parsing certmonger
internal configuration files in ipapython/certmonger.py, I suggested the dbus
way as IMO it would not be difficult to implement, it would make us more future
proof and it would remove intermittent problems like #4280.

Certmonger API looked complete enough to pull this off:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/certmonger.git/tree/doc/api.txt

If I am wrong, please tell me.
Were there DBus Python bindings available in RHEL 5/6 at the time when the
code was written?

Anyway, it looks good target to rewrite this code to use DBus these
days.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy