Hi list,

maybe I missed something, but I expected, there are no modifications with this option.

With --test option the LDAP schema is not updated, but update plugins don't care about --test option ('live_run' in code).

Update plugins use and IPA api directly to modify LDAP instead of return a required changes (DNS, update_idranges, update_managed_permissions, update_pacs, update_services plugins).

Am wrong, or it is bad behavior and plugin should be fixed to not execute any modifications in test mode?

Next Q: I have method which prepares IPA to support DNSSEC. The method requires both updating LDAP and creating directories/keytabs/etc. Should I separate the LDAP part of update method, or can I use it all in ldap-updater?

--
Martin Basti