Hi,
I am working on ticket #4302 and am building a protoptype to verify if the current design [1] will work an what is missing.

Now the question comes up, how will this be managed and what happens with eg ipa-replica-manage ? If the topology plugin is deployed and configured it will control all replication related tasks via modifcations of the entries in the shared tree, direct modofications of replication agreements will be rejected. This makes several subcommands of ipa-replica-manage unusable, like connect/disconnect/... . So should the functionality of ipa-replica-manage be changed to use the shared tree or should there be a new command like ipa-topology-manage.

I would prefere a new command, so ipa-replica-manage is there if the topology plugin is disabled, also there shoul be some new subcommands like topology-verify, topology-view ...

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,
Ludwig

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology