Right. The reason I added it in there is that I could see that in the
future trust_type could be more than just 'ad' (maybe 'ipa', 'krb', etc?)
which at that point I'm not sure a default makes sense. So, I thought to go
ahead and add the check for future use cases so that it doesn't have to be
remembered later. However, maybe that was just a bad idea as right now it
is a pointless check?

Gabe