On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 01:43:35PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Attached patchset improves trust operations:
>
> 1. Ensures we only allow establishing trust to forest root domain
> 2. Ensures that we select primary domain controllers
> 3. Ensures first create trust and later set it to transitive state and
>   update forest topology
> 4. Relaxes filtering of domains obtained from AD side to allow some of
>   possible topology combinations which were not accounted for
>   previously
> 5. Reverts to any PDC rather than a closest one if closest one is not
>   available due to site mismanagement.
>
> Affected tickets:
>  https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4463
>  https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4479
>  https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4458
>
> The patches should apply cleanly to master and ipa-3-3 (and 4-0/4-1
> branches).
>
> They were tested with Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012
> environments.

Patches are looking good and I didn't found any issue in my tests, ACK.

I only have a question about 158. I wonder if the admin calling ipa
trust-add would be interested to see that setting the transitive
attribute failed? Currently it is buried in the logs so chances are the
nobody will recognise it.

bye,
Sumit