On 09/12/2014 05:47 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 09/12/2014 05:43 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/12/2014 05:35 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:

See commit message for the story behind this one.

Thanks. Works as a charm, so ACK.
just for my understanding. what was install/share/referint-conf.ldif
good for, why isn't adding the membership attrs needed there ?

The ldif files are put in place on initial install only.
The update files are applied both on initial install and on upgrades, and allow greater control over what gets done on update.

At one point the policy was to put everything in both places, so ther would be a LDIF representation of what IPA puts in the directory. But that goal doesn't play well with updater plugins, and also the copies inevitably got out of sync.

Now we prefer the update files for all new changes. One day we might get rid of the ldifs altogether.

--
PetrĀ³