On 9/24/2014 9:43 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 24.9.2014 16:30, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 9/19/2014 7:29 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
attached patches implements Web UI part of ID Views. Backend is
currently on review as well - thread "[PATCHES 247-259] ID views -
I expect that backed can change and that the UI might influence it as
well. Therefore no UI integration tests nor static data files are
included in this patchset. They will follow when backend is stable.
== [PATCH] 754 webui: new ID views section ==
I'll test this separately. Does your patch #754-1 work with Tomas'
latest patches (#247-2 - 270)?
It was tested with tomas' git branch which matched
OK, some comments/questions:
1. For consistency, the "ID view" should be capitalized into "ID View"
in the navigation tab, page title, and dialog title. See "ID Ranges" as
2. The tab titles in the ID view details page are quite long, and the
"User ID overrides" and "Group ID overrides" labels aren't quite
appropriate because the ID view can override other attributes too. How
about using facet groups like in User Groups? For example:
- <ID view> applies to:
- <ID view> overrides:
3. Since the tab already says "Applied to hosts", the current button
labels is kind of redundant. How about renaming and reorder the buttons
- Add hosts in host group
- Remove hosts in host group
4. If I understand correctly the description field for the User ID
Overrides and Group ID Overrides should be optional too because it's
also used to optionally override the description attribute of the
5. Not sure if this is a problem. The search field in User/Group ID
Overrides can be used to find the overriding attributes, but not the
"User/Group to override".
6. Can multiple ID views be applied to the same host? Does the order
matter? If so, how would the UI manage the order?
7. Related to #6, there probably should be a tab in the Host details
page showing which ID views apply to it.
8. If we implement #7, are the "Un-apply from hosts/host groups" buttons
in the ID views search page still necessary? Or can it be moved into
that page (i.e. unapplying one host at a time)?
9. This probably requires server support. In the "Apply to hosts"
association dialog, if a host is already added it will still appear in
the dialog box. As a comparison, a User that has been added into a User
Group will not appear in the association dialog anymore.
10. The use of association dialog for "Apply to host groups" and
"Un-apply from host groups" is a bit unusual because it's used to select
host groups, and once selected the host groups are not added to/removed
from the main list because the main list contains hosts, not host
groups. Would it be very common to select multiple host groups at once
to apply ID view? If not, it might make more sense to just use a plain
dialog to select one host group at a time. The dialog could probably
show information about the host groups (i.e. host members) before
applying/unapplying the ID view.
I think the only major issue is #4. Once it's addressed, ACK.
The others are minor issues, questions, and suggestions.
Endi S. Dewata
Freeipa-devel mailing list