Dne 26.9.2014 v 12:02 Martin Kosek napsal(a):
On 09/23/2014 11:46 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 6.8.2014 v 18:17 Jan Cholasta napsal(a):
Dne 6.8.2014 v 14:43 Rob Crittenden napsal(a):
Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

the attached patch fixes
<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4447>.

+    cert_group.add_option("--ca-key-algorithm",
dest="ca_key_algorithm",
+                      help="Key algorithm of the IPA CA certificate
(default SHA256withRSA)")

Why not set the default here rather than later?

CA-related defaults should be internalized in CA-related code IMHO.

Should the list of options be added to the man page as well?

Sure, why not.

Do we want to support the MD*-based signing algorithms? I'd think not.

Since the reason this patch exists is to support old and/or broken
external CAs, I would think yes, but I don't have a strong opinion on
this.

Turns out Dogtag does not like them, so I removed them.

Seeing the context makes me wonder if we should eventually add options
for CA key size and signing alg as well.

rob

Updated patch attached.

I tested the patch (it works fine with Dogtag 10), but I got very confused.

What CA option are we setting? Signing algorithm or Key Algorithm? I
thought we are only setting Signing algorithm, but in that case:

We are setting key algorithm for the CA signing key.

- --ca-key-algorithm option should rather read --ca-signing-key-algorithm

If you want to emphasize that it is actually the algorithm used to sign the CA certificate, the option should read --ca-certificate-signature-algorithm, but I would rather stick to Dogtag terminology and keep the string "key algorithm" in the name.

- Dogtag9 update should only set --signing_algorithm and not
--key_algorithm

It should not, because then *all* the certificates issued by the CA would use that algorithm, instead of just the CA certificate.

- man page should also be updated with proper explanation.

And that would be?

Martin