On 10/21/2014 08:41 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> On 10/20/2014 08:25 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> This patch is for ipa-4-1 branch to enable uniqueness plugin for uid
>>> attribute for entries with objectclass posixAccount.
>>>
>>> We don't have uid uniqueness enforced in FreeIPA < 4.1 yet but for
>>> posixAccounts it worked due to our design of a flat tree: as uid attribute 
>>> is
>>> part of the DN, renaming user entries
>>> enforces uniqueness as MODRDN will fail if entry with the same uid
>>> already exists.
>>>
>>> However, it is not enough for ID views -- we should be able to allow
>>> ID view overrides for the same uid across multiple views and we should
>>> be able to protect uid uniqueness more generally too.
>>>
>>> Implementation is done via update plugin that checks for existing uid
>>> uniqueness plugin and if it is missing, it will be added. If plugin
>>> exists, its configuration will be updated.
>>>
>>> I haven't added update specific to git master where staging subtree is
>>> added but I'll do that after FreeIPA 4.1 release as in 4.1 we don't yet
>>> have the staging subtree. Currently master has broken setup for uid
>>> uniqueness plugin that doesn't actually work anyway so it will be easier
>>> to add upgrade over properly configured entry.
>>>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4636
>>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> Thanks for the patch! However, I am personally not very confident with 
>> merging
>> it right before 4.1 release, I thought it will be a simple update definition
>> while this is a complex upgrade script which needs to be properly tested.
>>
>> I would rather wait for 4.1.x, especially given it does not block any 4.1 
>> major
>> feature in any way.
> I disagree on it for multiple reasons and one of them is that 'a simple
> update definition' is not right here. Attribute uniqueness plugin
> supports three different types of setting its own arguments. These types
> aren't mixable, you have to do switch from one to another. That's why
> update plugin is the correct approach here.
> 
> The update plugin I've wrote is very simple by itself.

Ok, reviewing the patch now. I found 2 issues:

1) It is missing in plugins' Makefile.am so it won't be built properly

2) Instead of
+        if len(entries) == 0:
use
+        if entries:

3) I think we should force "uid uniqueness" plugin creation in all cases so
that we can expect it is there in future and for example do simple updates for 
it.

So if existing active UID uniqueness is there, should we just remove uid from
it's list of watched attributes, give warning and add our own controlled plugin?

I am just trying to get rid of clashes with custom user configuration.

4) Because of 3), when I enabled "attribute uniqueness" plugin before upgrade,
it did a strange franken-update and now I have an update plugin with DN
"cn=attribute uniqueness,cn=plugins,cn=config" but "cn: uid uniqueness: inside.


(BTW these concerns is where my simplicity expectations came from ;-)

Martin

_______________________________________________
Freeipa-devel mailing list
Freeipa-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-devel

Reply via email to