Hello all,

Most developers involved in 4.1.0 design updates already know, but we updated the Feature Template to better fit the needs of the project. See

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Feature_template

Major changes:
- The main shift is that we want the design pages to be readable by both developers, but also the users. Especially the Overview, Use Cases, high level part of Design and the new How to Test section need to be understandable for them. This is after all the main and only upstream documentation of the feature so it needs to be ready for external consumers.

- There is a new wiki template for creating the Feature Box in the top of the page, see for example http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/OTP. Main goal is to provide a link from the feature to the release and trac ticket. I went through and updated most of 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 designs to have this box, this has immediate benefit of not only being more clear, but also with "What Links Here" part of releases pages being quite interesting:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Special:WhatLinksHere/Releases/4.0.0
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Special:WhatLinksHere/Releases/4.1.0

- Some sections of the previous template were not used in most design pages so they were just converted to optional subsections.

- (minor) header level was changed from "= Header =" to "== Header ==". Wiki pages are not really supposed to "=" level of headers as it generates <h1> tag and there should be just one such tag - page title.

Any other improvements or comments welcome.

--
Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team