FreeIPA team will soon grow with a new member focusing on upstream QE tests. I would like to collect ideas what are the biggest gaps in the current upstream test suite from your POV.

Existing requests are tracked here:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=Tests&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&group=milestone&order=priority

First idea that I head proposed are Upgrade tests. These are often done manually. I think that upgrade test from currently supported FreeIPA/Fedora version would go a long way (like 3.3.5 on F20 upgraded built RPMs and running unit tests).

Second, it would be nice to try testing FreeIPA server in a container. Not only it would verify our container efforts, but it may also allow easy multi-master tests on one Jenkins VM or local host instead of expensive VM orchestration.

Any other areas worth focusing on (besides of course testing newly developed features)?

--
Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team