On 11/14/2014 01:18 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
[...]

Nope, defaults are filled in by the client. (And also on the server if
they're still missing; it's part of the common validation.)

IMHO this is quite unfortunate behavior which may also fail horribly if
there is a newer client and an older server -> backwards compatibility
is on API level, not CLI level. Defaults should be filled by server, not
a client.  We should seriously reconsider the design of our CLI. But
that's for different, future discussion.

You can't use a newer client with an older server, you get a VersionError in that case.

Feel free to file a ticket. But yes, redesigning the API is not exactly a priority.

That's said and given the circumstances, it is easier and cleaner to
return the --qrcode back as no_param now than to deal with potential
future issues.

What's the reason to break the CLI by making it no_param?

--
PetrĀ³