On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 17:12 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 14:05 +0100, thierry bordaz wrote:

On Mon, 2014-11-10 at 08:28 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 11/07/2014 04:44 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 7.11.2014 08:58, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 09:34 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 12:21 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 10/29/2014 10:37 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 18:07 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
This patch gives the administrator variables to control the size of
the authentication and synchronization windows for OTP tokens.

NOTE: There is one known issue with this patch which I don't know
how to
solve. This patch changes the schema in
install/share/60ipaconfig.ldif.
On an upgrade, all of the new attributeTypes appear correctly.
However,
the modifications to the pre-existing objectClass do not show up
on the
server. What am I doing wrong?

After modifying ipaGuiConfig manually, everything in this patch
works
just fine.
This new version takes into account the new (proper) OIDs and
attribute
names.
Thanks Nathaniel!

The above known issue still remains.
Petr3, any idea what could have gone wrong? ObjectClass MAY list
extension
should work just fine, AFAIK.
You added a blank line to the LDIF file. This is an entry separator, so
the objectClasses after the blank line don't belong to cn=schema, so
they aren't considered in the update.
Without the blank line it works fine.
Thanks for the catch!

Here is a version without the blank line.
I forgot to remove the old steps defines. This patch performs this
cleanup.
I am now wondering, is the global config object really the nest place to
add these OTP specific settings?

I would prefer not to overload the object and instead:
- create new ipaOTPConfig objectclass
- add it to cn=otp,$SUFFIX
- create otpconfig-mod and otpconfig-show commands to follow an example
of dnsconfig-* and trustconfig-* commands

IMO, this would allow more flexibility for the OTP settings and would
also scale better for the future updates.
+1

I will comment the patch as if ^^ would not exist because it will still be
needed in the new plugin.

Because of ^^ I did not test, just read.

1. Got:
install/ui/src/freeipa/serverconfig.js(135): lint warning: extra comma is not
recommended in array initializers

Please run:
   jsl -nofilelisting -nosummary -nologo -conf jsl.conf
in install/ui directory

The goal is no have no warnings and errors.

2. new attrs should be added to 'System: Read Global Configuration' managed
permission
+1. Though if we go with OTP config, it should be called

System: Read OTP Configuration

Martin
Attached is a new set of patches that replaces this single patch. This
now fixes multiple issues.

I now create two new entries:
  * cn=TOTP,cn=Token Config,cn=etc,$SUFFIX
  * cn=HOTP,cn=Token Config,cn=etc,$SUFFIX

There are two corresponding CLI commands:
  * totpconfig-(show|mod)
  * hotpconfig-(show|mod)

There is no UI support for this yet (pointers welcome).

This is designed so that eventually tokens can grow a per-token
override, but I have not yet implemented this feature (it should be easy
in the future).

Additionally, I had to do some shared refactoring to address issues in
ipa-otp-lasttoken, which is why all of these are now merged into a
single patch set.

Nathaniel

Hello Nathaniel,

         Very few comments.
Just as a reminder, patch 0001 is already ACKed.

         On patch 0002:
Is it possible that we later define a spec with 'dflt'
         contains OTP_CONFIG_AUTH_TYPE_DISABLED ? If yes it needs to be
         32bits.
Fixed. It was just a typo.

         When otp_config_fini is it called ?
Sadly, never. I admit that I am cargo-culting the lack of calling
otp_config_fini(). Surely there must be a way to sanely tear this down
when 389 shuts down?

         On patch 0003:
In ipa-otp-lasttoken:58 you may use SLAPI_ATTR_OBJECTCLASS
         (slapi-plugin.h).
Fixed.

         In ipa-otp-lasttoken:preop_mod , the test is_allowed is done
         on the original entry (SLAPI_ENTRY_PRE_OP). That is the entry
         untouched by others BE_PREOP/TXN_BE_PREOP plugins. Is that the
         entry you want to check ?
Yes, the code is correct as written. We check to see if a change to the
existing state would cause bad behavior. Then, if any such change is
attempted (ipa_otp_lasttoken.c:205) we reject it. In the future we might
improve this to be more granular regarding the values of the change. But
for now it is good enough.

         On patch 0004:
         In otp_config.c:otp_config_window you may use
         SLAPI_ATTR_OBJECTCLASS (slapi-plugin.h)
Fixed.

         in otp_token: bvtod if 'code' contains non digit
         character ,'out' is not reset before return.
Yes. If the input value is invalid, the function returns an error status
and the state of the output is undefined. This is pretty normal
behavior.

I think the first three patches are ready for merge. The last patch
still needs some polish on my part. However, the first three also fix an
important, independent bug. So let's merge them as soon as you feel they
are ready.

Nathaniel
If the Python parts are also OK and acked by Petr Vobornik or anyone else then
sure, we can merge them.
Python code is confined to patch 0004, so I think we just need Thierry's
ACK on 0001-0003.

Nathaniel,

Thanks for all your explanations. ACK for the pacthes 0001-0002-0003.

regarding the DS plugin part of 0004, the patch is good to me. For the ipa plugins part I am too novice.

thanks
thierry
By the fourth part you mean patch 0004, right? It somehow ended as second in my
MUA.
Yes. This patch 0004 is basically the rework of patch 0074 which is the
main topic of this thread. But doing it properly meant sharing code
(0001 and 0002) with another bugfix (0003). Thus, if we merge 0001-0003
we're back to just evaluating 0004/0074.

Nathaniel