On 01/22/2015 11:58 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
> On 01/22/2015 11:04 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
>> The attached patch addresses https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4487.
>>
>> Using 'remove-ds.pl' script from 389-ds during server/replica
>> uninstallation should allow for cleaner removal of DS instance with no
>> leftovers (opened ports etc).
>>
>> Martin^3

> Thanks to Martin^2 for explaining the rules governing the placement of new
> attributes into BasePathNamespace class.
>
> Attaching updated patch.
>
> Martin^3

I see you kept erase_ds_instance_data still in the dsinstance. What is the
motivation? I thought that just like with PKI, with DS we will also have
uninstall based solely only on the DS uninstall script and remove our custom
removal.

We can keep the manual removal somewhere in wiki, but I would personally not
keep/maintain it in FreeIPA code.