On 22/01/15 15:03, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 01/22/2015 12:38 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 01/22/2015 12:19 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/22/2015 11:58 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 01/22/2015 11:04 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
The attached patch addresses
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4487.

Using 'remove-ds.pl' script from 389-ds during server/replica
uninstallation should allow for cleaner removal of DS instance with no
leftovers (opened ports etc).

Martin^3

Thanks to Martin^2 for explaining the rules governing the placement
of new
attributes into BasePathNamespace class.

Attaching updated patch.

Martin^3

I see you kept erase_ds_instance_data still in the dsinstance. What is
the
motivation? I thought that just like with PKI, with DS we will also have
uninstall based solely only on the DS uninstall script and remove our
custom
removal.

We can keep the manual removal somewhere in wiki, but I would
personally not
keep/maintain it in FreeIPA code.

I originally thought that I will keep erase_ds_instance-data as a
failsafe method to clean up the dirsrv data in th case that remove-ds.pl
fails.

But I will remove the method altogether and change the code so that it
prints out some warning about manual removal of DS data when
remove-ds.pl fails.

Martin^2

Updated patch attached

Martin^3

Hi,

thank you for patch, but I have a few nitpicks:

1) Extra parenthesis
+ root_logger.error(("Failed to remove CA DS instance. You may " + "need to remove instance data manually"))

and (twice)

+                root_logger.error(("Failed to remove DS instance. You may "
+ "need to remove instance data manually"))

and

+        root_logger.debug(("'%s' failed. "
+ "Attempting to force removal" % paths.REMOVE_DS_PL))

2) Remove unused paths:
USR_LIB_DIRSRV_SLAPD_INSTANCE_DIR_TEMPLATE
SLAPD_INSTANCE_LOCK_TEMPLATE
USR_LIB_SLAPD_INSTANCE_TEMPLATE

Please do double check.

3) IMO we should avoid hardcoded value 'slapd'
instance_name = '-'.join(['slapd', serverid])

you may create module variable DS_INSTANCE_PREFIX and use it. Dont forget to change it in following place as well.
ipaserver/install/dsinstance.py:117:    instance_prefix = 'slapd-'

4)
DS keytab hasn't been removed, it is okay?
It is created by IPA (krbinstance), not by DS install script.

Martin^2

--
Martin Basti