On 02/19/2015 03:51 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/17/2015 08:26 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/16/2015 05:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Q: The same upgrade instructions are copied from release to release. Shouldn't
we rather move them into separate page which would contain the upgrade steps?
Listed by releases which introduced them.

I think that release notes could simply just contain the link to the Upgrade
page on FreeIPA.org. I would only list special information in the upgrade
section if there is an important change to upgrade or a migration needed (as
with DNS Forward zones).

This way, with information copied around, I do not think people read it anyway.
Also, I think there is still the wrong order of upgrade tools mentioned in some
release notes.

Potentially, same with Feedback - it could just link to
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute#Communication

Though this is not that critical, given it's short length.

Martin

No objections? If this is the case, we can just create the Upgrade page and
start just referencing it.

new page: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upgrading

it's linked from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.1.3 and http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads#Upgrading

Regarding 4.1.3, I do not really like the bug fixes/enhancements texts - this
are just patch names, people without deeper knowledge will not be able to
understand what we actually fixed.

I.e., I would rather change:

"winsync: fixed password sync" --> "PassSync plugin could not update
synchronized users due to too strict access control"

Text improved.

Petr Vobornik