On 03/06/2015 03:54 AM, Corey Kovacs wrote:
After reading the extending freeipa training document I was able successfully
add  us to meet attributes and add/modify them using the cli which was pretty
cool. Now that I got the cli out of the way I want to add the fields to the ui.
Because of the similarities between what I want to do and the example given in
the docs I just followed along and changed variables where it made sense to do
so. I cannot however get the new field to show up.  The Apache logs don't show
any errors but they do show the plugin being read as the page (user details) is
loaded. After searching around I found a document which attempts to explain the
process but it assumes some knowledge held by the reader which I don't possess.

It looks like I  supposed to create some sort of index loader which loads all
of the modules which are part of the plugin. I can't seem to find any good
documents telling the whole process or least non that I can make sense of.

It would help also to understand how to debug such a thing.

I will let Petr (CCed) to help here.

I  running version 3.3 on rhel 7. Any help or pointers to more documentation
would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, seeing version - note that RHEL-7.1 was released yesterday, you may want to consider upgrading. If you did not see the FreeIPA public demo for example, you will be surprised how awesome the UI is in FreeIPA 4.1 that is shipped in RHEL-7.1 :-)

Martin