On 03/11/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 03/11/2015 01:00 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
These patches solve https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4933.

They are to be applied to master branch. I will rebase them for ipa-4-1 after
the review.

It looks like you will also fix ipa-dns-install part of
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2957.

So this ticket should be also referred I think (I think we should not close it
until other referred tools are also fixed).

Martin

Yes that is our evil plan:

For 4.1 we will issue only a (relatively) simple fix regarding https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4933 which preserves the -p option.

For master we will make ipa-dns-install use LDAPI w/ autobind and make -p option deprecated. The other tools will hopefully meet the same fate once the install/upgrade refactoring is made.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky